Thursday 24 February 2011

Kings Rd - DIY Punk

Today's fanzine is one I picked up recently though I think I had or read a copy way back.. probably didn't keep it as there were no Banshees/Ants/PIL articles!  It covers the DIY punk 'scene' that sprang up in '78 with groups like TV Personalities, O-Level and Swell Maps.  I think it was put together by the TV Personalties.. or at least they had some involvement.. nothing is clear and why should it be!  It's a good read..


Download Kings Road Vol. 1 No . 1

As a tie in to this I've also dug out the O-Level We Love Malcolm EP.. I never listened to it much after I bought it but it's really quite good!  Stairway to Boredom is my fave..


O-Level - We Love Malcolm

Leave Me:

Everybody's On Revolver:

Stairway To Boredom:

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    Nice one...wanna sell it ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No plans to sell anything at present. If I am selling anything I'll post details. I've got a stack of vinyl and a few doubles of zines (not this one..) I'm planning on listnig on E-Bay, just need to find the time to list them.

    ReplyDelete